6. The Ability Advisor role: entrepreneurial skills – how can the TAD advisor act
This module explains how the Ability Advisors could apply their skills in different parts of the tourism chain. It is explained how the advisor can contribute to the quality of the business or tourist service as an employee, as a consultant for tourism businesses, or as an expert appointed by a tourism organization or a local institution. A focus on national legislation and procedures is given for each country participating in the experimentation phase of the project.
Moreover, it is explained how to filter the requests of tourists with various access requirements, including tourists with disabilities, and to present strategic plans to business owners or project planners and decision makers, as well as advice regarding specific access issues.
Skills – LEARNING OUTCOMES
The trainees will be able to:
- Understand the role of Ability Advisor in an enterprise/tourism sector;
- Raise awareness about Accessible and Inclusive Tourism among tourism stakeholders (business owners, managers, workers, clients, etc) facilitating communication between supply (business owners) and demand (tourists with special needs);
- Apply diagnostic instruments, develop action plans and advise business owners/managers;
- Apply their skills in the environment of a concrete SME as an employee or as an independent consultant;
- To be able to integrate Accessible tourism concepts in a working environment;
- To understand the different roles in which his/her skills can be applied;
- To understand how to be a spokesman/spokeswoman regarding accessibility (communication with external and internal stakeholders);
- To be able to contact and work with disability organisations.
- Local legislation;
- The Ability Advisor role in the tourism value chain;
- Entrepreneurial and Advisor skills development;
- Being Ability Advisor in different contexts (HORECA, Museum, Transport, Tour Agency, Touristic Activity, etc);
- Project/service definition:
– Diagnostic: Observation Charts / Pantou / etc;
– Enterprise/Organization Action plan: SWOT + PDCA;
– Implementation of the Action Plan.
Duration. Face to face – 7 hours, E-learning – 1 hour, work based learning – 20. Total 28 hours.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 1
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes